|Discussing with my colleagues
Stefan Banach and Otto Nikodym.
Noé de Rancourt's webpage
Last update: April 12, 2022.
Version française (pas à jour)
Office: 208, 2nd floor
Katedra matematické analýzy
186 75 Praha 8 – Karlín
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Mathematical Analysis of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of Charles University in Prague.
I am mainly interested in applications of methods from combinatorics and mathematical logic, and in the study of problems from those disciplines, in the context of functional analysis. I also sometimes work on those disciplines independently. Subareas on which I concentrated the most are Ramsey theory, Banach space geometry, and descriptive set theory.
My CV is available here.
Publications and preprints
- Continuity of coordinate functionals of filter bases in Banach spaces, with Tomasz Kania and Jarosław Swaczyna, preprint.
- A dichotomy for countable unions of smooth Borel
equivalence relations, with Benjamin Miller, preprint.
- The Feldman–Moore, Glimm–Effros, and Lusin–Novikov theorems over quotients, with Benjamin Miller, preprint.
- Connected components of the general linear group of a real
hereditarily indecomposable Banach space, Studia Math., to appear.
- Local Banach-space dichotomies and ergodic
spaces, with Wilson Cuellar Carrera and Valentin Ferenczi, J. Europ. Math. Soc., to appear.
- Spectral-free methods in the theory of hereditarily
indecomposable Banach spaces, Bull. Belgian Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 27 (2020), no. 5, 775–787.
- Ramsey theory without pigeonhole principle and the adversarial Ramsey principle, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 373 (2020), no. 7, 5025–5056.
I did my Ph.D. in the mathematical logic team of the IMJ-PRG, at the University Paris Diderot. My supervisor was Stevo Todorcevic. The title of my thesis is "Ramsey theory without pigeonhole principle and applications to the proof of Banach-space dichotomies"; I defended it on June 28, 2018. The manuscript is available here (only the short introduction is in French; you will find a short summary in English on page 3).
In France, Ph.D. thesis manuscripts are peer-reviewed. Here are the reports of the referees:
The report of my defence is available here
You will find here links to the slides and videos of some of my talks. To avoid repetition, this list is not comprehensive, but it is representative of all of my talks (apart from non-recorded board talks, of course). It may happen that some mistakes on the slides have been corrected after I gave the talk, in which case the slides available on this page may differ from those visible on the video.
- Weak Fraïssé classes and ℵ0-categoricity, talk presented during the Workshop on Generic Structures (Prague, Czech Republic) in October 2021: slides.
- A dichotomy for countable unions of smooth Borel equivalence relations (joint work with Benjamin Miller), talk presented at the Caltech Logic Seminar in April 2021: slides. (The contents are essentially the same as in the talk listed just below, but their exposition is probably clearer here. However, there has been no recording.)
- A dichotomy for countable unions of smooth Borel equivalence relations (joint work with Benjamin Miller), talk presented at the Turin-Udine logic seminar in March 2021: slides and video.
- Local Banach-space dichotomies (joint work with Wilson Cuellar Carrera and Valentin Ferenczi), talk presented at the Banach space webinar in June 2020: slides and video.
- Weakly Ramsey ultrafilters (joint work with Jonathan Verner), talk presented at the Kurt Gödel Research Center's research seminar (University of Vienna, Austria) in April 2020: slides.
- Isometrically homogeneous Banach spaces, talk presented during the Winter School in Abstract Analysis, section Analysis (Svratka, Czech Republic) in January 2020: slides.
- An abstract formalism for strategical Ramsey theory, talk presented during the workshop Unifying Themes in Ramsey Theory at the Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery (Banff, Canada) in November 2018: slides and video.
- Hilbert-avoiding dichotomies and ergodicity (joint work with Wilson Cuellar Carrera and Valentin Ferenczi), talk presented during the Second Brazilian Workshop in Geometry of Banach Spaces (Ubatuba, Brazil) in August 2018: slides.
- How to classify things, talk presented at the Inria's Junior Seminar (Paris, France) in March 2018: slides.
- Approximate Gowers spaces, talk presented during the Winter School in Abstract Analysis, section Set Theory & Topology (Hejnice, Czech Republic) in January 2018: slides.
- Ramsey theory with and without pigeonhole principle, talk presented during the workshop Set Theory and its Applications in Topology at the Casa Matemática Oaxaca (Oaxaca, Mexico) in September 2016: slides and video.
- Ramsey determinacy of the adversarial Gowers games, talk presented during the meeting Descriptive Set Theory in Paris (Paris, France) in December 2015: slides.
- Ramsey determinacy of the adversarial Gowers games, talk presented during the semester programme Mathematical, Foundational and Computational Aspects of the Higher Infinite at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences (Cambridge, UK) in October 2015: video.