of Tomáš Roubíček
||(April 23) born in Prague, Czechoslovakia;
||Ing. (= MS.) at computer science, Faculty of Electrical Engr.,
Czech Technical University, Prague;
||a stay at Faculty Nuclear and Physical Engr., Czech Technical University, Prague;
||General Computing Centre, Czechoslovak Academy of
||Institute of Information Theory and Automation,
Czechoslovak (later Czech) Academy of Sciences;
||CSc. (= PhD.) at technical cybernetics;
||Mathematical Institute, Faculty of Math. Phys., Charles University
(a group of mathematical modelling);
||DrSc. (= a further stage after PhD.) at physical-mathematical sciences;
||Doc. (= associate professor) Charles University, mathematics -
||professor for mathematics - mathematical analysis (apointed on April 16, 2007, installed at Math. Institute CU during 2008-2011);
||Institute of Thermomechanics, Czech Academy of Sciences (Dept. of
||Univ. of West Bohemia, Plzen,
New technologies research centre (CENTEM).
- Nonlinear partial differential equations and inequalities, especially
of the elliptic and the parabolic types, etc.
- Applications in continuum physics of solids and fluids,
including thermodynamics, coupling mechanical with electrical,
chemical processes, materials science, engineering, geophysics, etc.
- Optimization theory and variational calculus,
especially a relaxation method, optimal
control of distributed parameter systems.
- Related numerical methods and numerical analysis,
computer implementation, simulation.
Visits 3 months or longer:
Besides, shorter stays at Universities or Academical Institutes in:
- Weierstrass Institut, Berlin, Germany
(> 2 years during 2005-2021),
- Universita degli Studi di Roma II `Tor Vergata' e Roma Tré (1.5 year during 2007-2021),
Universität Augsburg, Germany (> 1 year during 1989-1991),
mostly as an
Alexander von Humboldt research fellow
- Technische Universität München, Germany (1 year during
1991-1995), partly as an A.v.H research fellow,
- Universität Wien, Fakultät für Mathematik, Austria (>1/2 year during 2017-2021).
- Universidad de Sevilla, Spain (>1/2 year during 2009-2018),
Schrödinger Institut, Univ. Wien, Austria (1/2 year during 2016-2017),
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany
(1/2 year during 1993-2011),
- Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), Heraklion, Greece (> 1/3 year during 2015-2019),
- Université de Toulon et du Var, Toulon, France (1/3 year during
- Universität Sttutgart, Germany (1/3 year during 2001-2005),
- caesar (Center for Advanced European Study and Research),
Bonn, Germany (> 1/4 year during 2000-2002),
- Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal (1/4 year during 1991-2019),
- Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Germany
(1/4 year during 1989-2017),
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, France
(1/4 year, 1992),
- Texas A & M University, College Station, TX, USA (1/4 year during
4 books, > 150 research articles and
30 contributions to proceedings or book chapters, with
about 50 co-authors (Erdös number=3).
|Bath, Bergen, Berlin, Berkeley (CA), Blacksburg (VA), Brescia,
Bucharest, Ciudad Real, DeKalb (IL), Dresden, Essen,
Gainesville (FL), Glasgow, Graz, Greifswald,
Jerusalem, Jyvaskyla, Kiel, Lausanne, Madrid,
Newark (DE), Pasadena (CA), Pavia, Pittsburgh (PA),
Rehovot, Sofia, Udine, Trieste, Warwick/Coventry,
Warsaw, Würzburg, Zagreb, Zürich.
Cited: RG-based: >4k,
or WoS-based: >2k, H-index >25,
google-based: >6k, recent rate ~400/yr,
Editorial board memberships:
||(= Mathematical Models and Methods in the Applied Sciences), World Scientific,
||(= Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences), J.Wiley,
||(= Zeitschrift für angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik),
J.Wiley, since 2007.
Serving ocassionally as a grant-project referee for
CSF (GACR), DFG, NSF, ISF, ASF (WFW), NSC (NCN-Poland), ERC, or as a panel member
(as 7ECM prize committee), etc.
Supervised students: 3 PhD-students and 6 MS-students, 2 BS-students.
Teaching experience (courses for MS and PhD students at Charles
University and at Czech Technical University and Univ. Vienna):
- GAMM PDE activity group since 2019,
(= International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics)
since 2003 (during 2013-2016 in the Executive committee),
(= American Mathematical Society) during 1994-2011,
- Humboldt Club of
the Czech Republic
(= Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) during 1992-2005,
(= Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists) since 1986.
- Nonlinear partial differential equations and inequalities
- Selected parts from optimization theory (during 1993-2010)
- Special (nonvariational) techniques in partial differential equations
- Mathematical methods in the continuum mechanics of solids (during 2006-2010, and 2017).
- State exams, BS-degree
General Math. during ca 2005-2010
- State exams, MS-degree
Math. and Comp. Modelling during ca 2000-2010
- PhD-study board in the programme: Physics during ca 2000-2010, 2013-5
- PhD programme Mathematical and computational modelling
4f11 during ca 2000-2010
- Scientific board of the
Mathematical Inst. of the
Academy of Sci. (during 2001-2)