Funded PhD Student Positions
Funded PhD positions are available at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University within the framework of the Primus Research Program "Scalable and Accurate Numerical Linear Algebra for Next-Generation Hardware", led by Erin Carson. Applications are invited from candidates who have strong background in numerical linear algebra, numerical analysis, or parallel computing. By time of enrollment the applicants must hold a Master's degree and meet the formal enrollment requirements of Charles University.
The positions come with a stipend of 20000 CZK per month.
Potential PhD topics include, but are not limited to:
Further details about the project can be found at the project website: https://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~carson/primus.html.
- Numerical analysis of high-performance iterative solver methods
- Use of mixed precision hardware within numerical linear algebra routines
- Numerical linear algebra applied to data analysis and machine learning applications
- Stability and convergence analysis of asynchronous methods
- Synchronization-reducing nonlinear optimization methods
- Application of new algorithms within a particular computational or data science disclipine
Application is possible in Fall 2019 for admission in the Spring semester
Interested candidates should contact email@example.com. Please include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter explaining motivation and interest to obtain the position of PhD student
- Brief summary of Master's thesis (including pdf file of Master's thesis if available)
Questions regarding the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PI website: https://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~carson
Charles University: https://www.cuni.cz/UKEN-1.html
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics: https://www.mff.cuni.cz/en