Multivariate Statistics: Solutions and Exercises by
W. Härdle and
- Data sets (in text format) may be download here. Note
that these data sets are already included in R and XploRe libraries.
- Download and install the MVAexercise library (Windows: Install from local
ZIP file, Linux: "R CMD INSTALL MVAexercise_1.6.tar.gz").
- Load the library: library(MVAexercise).
- The data sets can be accessed using data() function. Try, e.g.,
data(food) to load the data set food and help(food) to display its description.
- The codes can be executed either using the name of the function or with the
demo() command, e.g., SMSfactfood() or demo(SMSfactfood).
- help(SMSfactfood) displays the help file.
- Download the zip file.
- Unpack the data sets into the data subdirectory of XploRe (use getenv()
to locate it).
- The programs can be now loaded into XploRe and executed.
Additional data set: bostonh.dat & bostonh.R.
Password protected slides: mvafolie.pdf.