- Department of Probability and Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Mathematics and
Physics, Charles University in Prague.
- Department of Image Processing, Institute of Information Theory and Automation, The Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague.
- Spatial statistics,
- stochastic geometry,
- local stereology,
- medical image analysis.
Foreign research stays
- 01/2016: Department of Management Science, School of Business Administration, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA.
- 06/2014 - 07/2014: Institut für Mathematik, Universität Augsburg, Augsburg, Germany.
- 01/2012 - 06/2012: Centre for Stochastic Geometry and Advanced Bioimaging, Department
of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark.
- September 2014 - Ph.D. in Probability and Mathematical Statistics (Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics).
Topic: Statistical inference for spatial and space-time Cox point processes.
Supervisor: RNDr. Michaela Prokešová, Ph.D.
- September 2010 - Master's degree in Probability, Mathematical Statistics and Econometry (Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics).
Topic: Influence of injection dose and body parameters on PET image quality by means of Monte Carlo simulations.
Supervisor: Mgr. Jiří Boldyš, Ph.D.
Grants, prices and scholarships
- Scholarship of the Mobility Fund of the Charles University in Prague (2015) supporting the research stay in Miami.
- Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supporting the research stay in Augsburg (2014).
- Outstanding student contribution award, ROBUST 2014, Jetřichovice, Czech Republic.
- Student grant from the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, 2013 - 2014. Příprava materiálů v anglickém jazyce ke cvičení předmětu Teorie pravděpodobnosti 1 (NMSA333) (Preparing english materials for exercises to Probability Theory 1).
- Student grant from GA UK (the grant agency of the Charles University in Prague), 2013 - 2014. Dvoukrokové metody odhadu pro nehomogenní shot-noise Coxovy procesy - prostorové a časoprostorové (Two-step estimation methods for inhomogeneous shot-noise Cox processes - spatial and spatio-temporal).
- Hans Elias bursary awarded by the ISS (the International Society for Stereology) for attending the 11th European Congress of Stereology and Image Analysis, Kaiserslautern, Germany, July 2013.
- 2nd-3rd place in the Ph.D. student competition for the best contribution, ROBUST 2012, Němčičky, Czech Republic.
- Scholarship of the Mobility Fund of the Charles University in Prague (2011) supporting the research stay in Aarhus.
- Best diploma thesis 2010 award (awarded by the Dean of Faculty of Mathematics and
Physics, Charles University in Prague).
Society membership and related activities
- Member of the Local Organizing Comittee of the conference Stereology, Spatial Statistics and Stochastic Geometry 2018
- Member of the Editorial board of the journal Applications of Mathematics (2017 - today)
- Member of the Editorial board of the journal Pokroky matematiky, fyziky a astronomie (2016 - today)
- The Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists (2015 - today)
- Bernoulli Society for Mathematical Statistics and Probability (2011 - 2014)