Tulka Whiteboard is a communication tool which allows you to share a whiteboard between several
people. The whiteboard can be accessed by a simple web interface. All that the participant need
is a web browser with Java support (no need to install any additional software).
You can find documentation and many screenshots here.
The documentation refers to slightly older release. We are rewriting it at the moment.
The most recent version is 0.6.8 download.
Although Tulka Whiteboard is still under development it contains all the main features at the
moment. Also the stability of whole system is good.
- Free opensource licence (LGPL)
- Simple web interface (clients need only a web browser)
- Written in pure Java so porting of server to different architectures is simple
(at this moment we support only UNIX-like systems as server platform).
- Pictures and slideshows can be uploaded via web interface.
- Slideshows can be uploaded as .ps, .dvi, .html, .doc or .rtf files.
- Individual users accounts
- Several different rooms
- Flexible participants hiearchy (teachers, students, ...)
- Color chat
- Simple install script
- Web browser with java support and direct (no proxy) connection to the Internet.
It runs smoothly on my Pentium 90MHz machine.
Authors: Tomas Barta, Michal Benes
- Java interpreter (jdk, kaffe, ... )
- Web server
- Perl cgi-bin script support for the upload media function
- ImageMagick convert and ghostscript for upload slides function
- dvips, rtf2ps, html2ps, antiword for upload of dvi, html, doc and rtf documents